Is customer acquisition your prime goal for the year 2021?
So now, keep the game up with engaging social media strategies.
Post pandemic, Social Media has made a critical impact on consumers. It plays a vital role in bringing new audiences, maintaining customer relationships, and building loyalty.
As per a report by Hootsuite, “MORE THAN HALF OF ALL BUSINESS (60%) are planning to increase their Instagram budget, and almost half are planning to do the same for Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn”.
Learning from the last year, there few quick takeaways from the Hootsuite Social Trends 2021 report are as follows:
- 1. Advertisers are likely to increase their instagram budgets by 60%, and around 45% on facebook, LinkedIn, and Youtube.
- 2. As per the survey, most of the advertisers are keeping customer acquisition as their top priority. The year 2020 showed a slow business growth, therefore the main goal in 2021 is to have more conversions. Social media is highly credible for achieving a high number of leads.
- 3. Influencer marketing is on top priority for most brands. Many consumers prefer to purchase an item after its recommendation by an Influncers and peers. So, to build trust among consumers, brands are moving towards influencer marketing.
- 4. Consumers prefer brands that talk their language. Therefore for a brand to understand the interest of the consumer and create a content as per their desires, needs and problems.
- 5. Advertisers should aim at having to integrate consumer identity. Social media is becoming a more sophisticated platform for advertisers. There is an association between lookalike audience, creating custom audience, CRM data synching, this helps in achieving better ROI.
WHAT SHOULD YOU FOCUS ON ?
The three most important trends that will play vital role in getting more traffic in 2021 are:
- ORGANIC SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
- PAID SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING
- INFLUENCER MARKETING
Organic Social Media Marketing:
A successful organic strategy will improve your online presence and reputation. It includes creating regular content that resonates brand value and helps in connecting with the audience.
Organic social media includes posts that helps you showcase your products, values and real brand story. It is a great way of having loyal followers and feeding them with relevant content regularly. Organizations can build great relationships with their audience by providing them the relevant information and entertainment. It further helps in engaging customers at different stages of their buying journey and also providing them the customer services.
Here, content creativity plays a vital role in influencing the target audience.
What can you do to promote organic reach?
- For a better reach, post an evergreen content. Easier said than done. Organic content has a varied timeline. Publish a content that stands out and helps in keeping the audience engaged. The content you post should help in solving a problem, address the needs and desires. Make it educational and entertaining.
People share more positive content than negative.
- The right targeting will help in maximizing organic potential. Customizing the settings of your posts to target specific members can help in boosting your posts. This varies from platform to platform, but in case of Facebook, the options you can use are:
- Post end date
- Educational Level
- Promote your profile everywhere like websites, business cards, storefront, signature when you send an email, and other places that you could think of.
- Engage with your followers. Interacting and replying to the comments of your audience, will help you build a long term relationship and help in gaining trust. This can lead to viral effect and help you in achieving more followers.
- Optimize your social media page. There are similarities between social media algorithms and the Google search engine. Therefore tweak your profile for a better reach and visibility.
So, when using keywords, images and designing call to actions, consider the below factors for a better visibility.
- Easy username
- Easily recognizable logo/brand name
- Trackable links to your website
- Keyword rich descriptions
Paid Social Media Advertising
Paid social media advertising can help your brand grow fast by targeting potential customers based on their interests.
It helps you in reaching the right audience, generating leads, re-marketing, retention, customer acquisition and service. The social advertisements ensure the reach and helps in getting the required impressions. It certain the brand for the instant visibility among the right target audience.
Research by Google shows, 67% of B2B purchase is made by digital content and paid advertisements.
The analytics of paid ads helps in understanding the audience better and then helping brands to prepare better for the future campaigns. Also it helps in deciding the type of ads that were responded by the audience. For example: was the video ad received well by the audience? And among what type of audience?
The difficult task is in understanding the specifics of each platform, what to spend and how to get going. The effective marketing strategy will ensure brands to target the right audience, to build consumer journey and get traffic on the website to convert it into a purchase. However, paid advertising isn't the same for all social media platforms. Running ads on LinkedIn is different than on facebook and Instagram. Therefore the right strategy for each network will help the brands to sustain and run successful campaigns.
Every year brings about new types of content and new ways of engaging with customers. Influencer marketing is already big and it’s going to get even bigger.
According to Business Insider, Influencer marketing is set to become a $15 billion dollar industry by 2022. Around 63% of marketers plan to increase their influencer marketing budgets in 2021.
Influencer Marketing Trends to focus in 2021 are:
- Micro and Nano influencers will have more advantage
- Brands will prefer long-term partnerships instead of single sponsored posts.
- Organization are likely to prefer performance-based partnerships
- Influencers will develop more expertise and niche in their industry
- Video content will have more popularity
- Employee driven content: Brands are likely to treat their own employees as influencers through employee advocacy programs.
A careful and a right approach for influencer marketing can work wonders. The effort of finding a right influencer can be done organically, or work through an agency.
At PinkPowerco, we can help you leverage your brand with amalgamation of the above activities. Get in touch with our experts for your brand strategy. Let’s talk